If your child cannot receive dental care in a traditional setting, our practice offers gentle and effective dental care to infants, children, and adolescents in the nurturing environment of our office with sedation services. As one of the only pediatric dentists in the area to offer this unique service, our pediatric dentist has the distinctive ability to understand the specific needs of children who need dental care but cannot cooperate for safe dental treatment. Through sedation dentistry, you can eliminate the struggles and trauma that can lead to a lifetime fear of dental treatment for your child.
Is sedation dentistry right for my child?
Pediatric sedation dentistry services are ideal for:
- Children who are physically, emotionally, or developmentally unready or unable to hold still for dental treatment
- Children that have a severe gag reflex
- Children with extensive dental needs
- Children who have allergies to local anesthetics or experience difficulty achieving numbness
For these situations, the use of sedation dentistry may be the best option for your family.
Imagine your child undergoing a complex dental treatment like a root canal, extraction, or oral surgery. When treatment is complete, your child will have no recollection of the time it took, the noise, or any discomfort. We are pleased to offer your child the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry. Our pediatric dental patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- A fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- A hard time sitting still for long periods of time
- A hard time getting (and staying) numb from anesthetics
What is sedation dentistry?
Sedation dentistry allows your pediatric dentist to provide a variety of dental treatments safely and comfortably for children who experience anxiety when visiting the dentist. There are several benefits to sedation dentistry, including:
- No memory of undergoing the procedure
- No sense of time while under sedation
- No sense of smell or sound
- No fear or anxiety during treatment
Please contact our practice to schedule a consultation, learn more about sedation dentistry, and find out if sedation dentistry may be right for your child.